ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera M2 + Gmail + IMAP = not recommended

<< < (2/6) > >>

iphigenie:
I was just saying that in all my tests with M2 if i went to "imap folders" and specifically only left one or two ticked, I only got email from these folders. Ever.

I have used this with several imap servers and never had a problem.

So it is possible it is gmail - i might create a gmail account just to test

jgpaiva:
And my odisey continues.
I tried to download all my email through POP, and wasn't well succeeded. It downloaded all emails up to 08/2007 and then just said it had no more mails to download.

So... I started again. I reconfigured gmail so that it now archives all email directly, and removed all the labels. Now i'm downloading it all again through IMAP. Let's hope it goes ok now!

nontroppo:
The problem with IMAP folders is due to GMail, according to the M2 dev at Opera...

Note that IMAP support in 9.5 is much improved over 9.25 overall.

jgpaiva:
The problem with IMAP folders is due to GMail, according to the M2 dev at Opera...
-nontroppo (February 05, 2008, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Glad to know that, nontroppo! Thanks :)

Note that IMAP support in 9.5 is much improved over 9.25 overall.
-nontroppo (February 05, 2008, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, that's what i'm using :)

PS: the email download is going... Slowly but going. Yay! \o/

iphigenie:
Actually I have a bug in 9.5 which leaves phantom empty emails/rss entries which cannot be deleted.

And I thought 9.25 was doing really well on imap, didnt notice improvements - I wish they listed somewhere what these improvements are

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version