ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Save the Cookies!

<< < (3/5) > >>

f0dder:
BUT OMFG TIHNK OF TEH PONIEZ! TEH COOKIES CAN TRAX0R YOUR BROWZING HABITS OMGF! CLIK TIHS LINK AND DOWNLOAD COOKIE IMMUNIZAER, NO SPYWEAR GUARANTEE!

Lashiec:
BUT OMFG TIHNK OF TEH PONIEZ! TEH COOKIES CAN TRAX0R YOUR BROWZING HABITS OMGF! CLIK TIHS LINK AND DOWNLOAD COOKIE IMMUNIZAER, NO SPYWEAR GUARANTEE!
-f0dder (February 05, 2008, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

lnkplz. kthnx

Hirudin:
Well, 99% of the time you wont need a virus scanner or a firewall either, so what's your point?

I don't like my computer to be perpetually logged into some sites. Is it a "REAL" security threat? Probably not, but it takes very little effort to delete cookies.

I use CCleaner to empty my recycle bin, it does the cookies too, it's convenient.

Cloq:
mm... I am more interested in saving/restoring my good cookies.

I guess I could write a simple autoit script (batchfiles are fugly) to do what I need it to do, though I am not sure if the newly installed os will function with cookies from the old installation.  :-\

Cleaning the cookie jar is pretty darn simple and there are cleaners available left and right to do that, for that matter it's a builtin function in maxthon.

Honestly, assuming you practice safe surfing, any IE based frontend browser is pretty good. I use a hostfile (www.bluetack.co.uk), AdMuncher (www.admuncher.com) and ESS (www.eset.com) + maxthon.

f0dder:
Honestly, assuming you practice safe surfing, any IE based frontend browser is pretty good.-Cloq (February 05, 2008, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not really, as even with "safe surfing" you can get hit by surf-by banner ad exploits. Reputable (heh) ad servers have been hacked in the past to feed end-users exploits.

I use a hostfile (www.bluetack.co.uk), AdMuncher (www.admuncher.com) and ESS (www.eset.com) + maxthon.
-Cloq (February 05, 2008, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well then, you're adding a lot more security than just the browser. I don't get why pepole are messing with the hosts file though, and ad blocker is more effective and makes the hosts file superfluous anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version