ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

.Intercepting/rewriting Outlook HTML emails automagically

<< < (2/3) > >>

CodeTRUCKER:
Sounds interesting. And thanks!

... when I try to copy/paste your script into the VB editor it keeps throwing in CR/LF's and it won't run. Needless to say, an avid participant I am. But a coder I'm not!

-BigJim (February 07, 2008, 11:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Jim, You may not be a coder, but you are no novice to computers! :)  I chose to make the directions pretty granular so even the least experienced should be able to make this work.  In time, I should be able to automate the following, but for now it as to be manual.  Let us know how it goes.

Ok, follow these directions and it should get you going... 

The first thing we need to do is open the macro editor...

* In OL, click on the menubar... Tools >> Macro >> Macros.
* When the window opens type "ThumbViewer" in the "Macro Name" box and click the "Create" button.  This will open a "Visual Basic for Outlook" (VB) IDE.  Leave this open.
Second, we need to open the attached text file which has the syntax we need and send it to the clipboard....

* Now, come back to the attached text file on this post and open it.  It is just text and will open fairly instantaneous.  You can save it if you want to.  Make sure it only opens in Not Pad or other text-only editor.  It will be unusable if it opens in MS Word or other word processor because there are hidden formatting characters that will be copied which will corrupt the syntax.
* Click anywhere on the text.
* Press "CTRL + A" to select the entire text.
* Press "CTRL + C" to copy the text to the clipboard.
Now we have the code in our hands we need to put it into the IDE and save the project

* Switch back to the IDE window.
* Click anywhere on the text.
* Press "CTRL + A" to select the entire text.
* Hit the "Delete" key to clear out all contents.
* Press "CTRL + V" to paste the syntax text from the clipboard into the IDE.
* Save and close the IDE.
Now that we are back in OL and if everything worked OK you should be able to select any email(s) with a picture attachment(s) and execute the "ThumbViewer" macro.

* In the list of emails, select one or multiple emails.
* In OL, click on the menubar... Tools >> Macro >> Macros.
* When the window opens, you should see "ThumbViewer" in the "Macro Name" box.
* Click the "Run" button.  This will open a simple browser with all of the picture attachments displayed in "single-file."  You will have to scroll down to see the rest of your pictures.

BigJim:
It's choking on the quotes (") in the first column. If I remove the first one it chokes on the ampersand (&).

Clearly, I don't know what I'm doing.  :-[

CodeTRUCKER:
It's choking on the quotes (") in the first column. If I remove the first one it chokes on the ampersand (&).

Clearly, I don't know what I'm doing.  :-[
-BigJim (February 07, 2008, 11:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not our doing... the SMF software is wrapping the lines and busting the syntax.  I will make a text file (no formatting) and attach it to the above post in just a minute.

BigJim:
You're a prince. I don't care what they say about truck drivers!   :lol:

CodeTRUCKER:
You're a prince. I don't care what they say about truck drivers!   :lol:
-BigJim (February 07, 2008, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the flowers! :) 

Try these instructions above

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page