ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Google Translation Plugin

<< < (10/16) > >>

Armando:
BTW, I should note here that my previous problems with Google Translate were fixed with the reinstallation of Windows Script:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en
thanks to czechboy's suggestion here.

Again : thanks!!!

Armando:
Hi czechboy,

I'm having some trouble updating to the new version through the DC updater. Here's what I wrote there... : "DcUpdater always says that my "Google translate" installed version is 1.01.02 and that version on the web is 1.01.04, even after several updates.
Any ideas?"

Also, after the update, the language numbers don't seem to match the actual languages aymore. e.g. : according to the list, French should now be 10, but I found that it's rather 5 and English is 4... So it seems that only the language "presentation page" has been updated in the process, but not the actual real number-language association.

(Hopefully, what I wrote is understandable...  :))

czb:
I have checked the version on the web and it is all right. To me it seams as if DC updater tries to update your files but can not. Try to delete all files in the directory  manualy but dcupdate file and see if update goes smoothly.

Mouser: Is there any check in DC updater which would check if the instalation was succesful => I all files were overwriten corectly?

mouser:
I've checked the google translate plugin updating and like czb im not seeing any trouble.  its telling me that verstion 1.01.04 is installed and is on web.

I suspect that what might be happening is that you have google translate manually placed in a slightly different subdirectory than you should.

As czb says go look in your FARR plugin directory -- see if you dont have 2 dif subdirectories for it (maybe one double nested in like Plugins\Google_Translate\Google_Translate or something like that.. if so , delete it.

I suspect the problem is that the update from the web is installing, but you have an old copy in a dif location which is not being replaced.

mouser:
It would probably be a good idea for adding a command in FARR to install a plugin, so as to avoid users having to manually unpack files in the FARR plugin directory themself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version