ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sublime text: some innovative text editor!

<< < (8/13) > >>

Renegade:
@wraith808, jibz, renegade…

Has anyone asked for a discount? If not, I'll ask and see what is the reaction.

Would someone undertake a brief review of the program?
-cranioscopical (September 21, 2012, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

A discount would definitely motivate me. I still need some time to evaluate though as I use Editplus and occasionally Notepad++.

I'll try to review it, but I don't do any review without using it for at least a few weeks. I might need a reminder as I forget sometimes.

Jibz:

--- End quote ---

It looks like cthorpe might have asked for one a little over a year ago, but no mention of the outcome:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26313.0

cranioscopical:

--- End quote ---

It looks like cthorpe might have asked for one a little over a year ago, but no mention of the outcome:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=26313.0
-Jibz (September 21, 2012, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reference.
It doesn't look all that hopeful but I'll give it a try.
No news is bad news, I'll report success only.

@ renegade
Thanks for the offer, if I get a rejection (or silence) in the next couple of weeks I guess you're off the hook — unless you'd like to enlighten the DoCo world, my failure notwithstanding (you can write it sitting down)  :)

Jibz:
@ renegade
Thanks for the offer, if I get a rejection (or silence) in the next couple of weeks I guess you're off the hook — unless you'd like to enlighten the DoCo world failure notwithstanding (you can write it sitting down)  :)
-cranioscopical (September 21, 2012, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D

40hz:
A discount would definitely motivate me.
-Renegade (September 21, 2012, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good luck!

On the "how to buy" page, the developer isn't even offering educational discounts.

But the page is refreshingly honest and up front about the terms. Cash only (i.e. PayPal. Period.). License is issued to the individual who may exclusively use it on as many machines as they like. Upgrades are free within a version number. Upgrades to a new version number must be paid for. All spelled out clear as day. Refreshing!

Sounds like this is a real old school/no-BS sort of dev who doesn't want to get into any special deals or arrangements.

I think I may just buy a copy for that alone! ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version