ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sublime text: some innovative text editor!

<< < (11/13) > >>

Jibz:
http://www.sublimetext.com/blog/articles/sublime-text-3-beta

The first beta of Sublime Text 3 is now available to download for registered users. Some feature highlights are below, followed by our new pricing and upgrade policies, and system compatibility for Sublime Text 3.
--- End quote ---

Just installed the beta, so haven't used it yet, but it sure does start fast compared to ST2 :-*.

There is sure to be some moaning about having to upgrade, but to be honest I am just happy the reason he has been so secretive isn't that he is selling ST to some company who can then proceed to destroy it.

Tuxman:
Sublime Text 3?
Dafuq.

f0dder:
Sublime Text 3?
Dafuq.
-Tuxman (January 29, 2013, 03:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
I second that.

ST2 was released on June 26th last year - that's a very short period to keep a major version alive... sure, it's ST3 beta he's working on, and it'll probably take some time to get released, and we might see some updates (probably only bugfixes) for ST2. But this does not give me a warm and fuzzy tummy feeling, especially not when combined with increasing the price from $59 to $70 - this is pretty close to ripoff, IMHO.

Tuxman:
ST2 has been around since Summer 2008, at least the first versions. This is quite a life span. But the pricing is weird.

fenixproductions:
I am just wondering: what is so special in this editor?

I've tried it twice already (2 weeks of non-stop use each time) and always went back to N++.
Maybe that's because I have always felt I can't bend my habits to it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version