ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sublime text: some innovative text editor!

<< < (6/13) > >>

sri:
Sublime Text 2 can be purchased for a discounted price here: http://www.rewardli.com/offers/522-sublime-text-editor-discount

IainB:
I just noticed that at http://www.sublimetext.com/2 it says:
The current version of Sublime Text 2 is 2.0.1.
--- End quote ---

- and there's a an enthusiastic review at The Tech Report: Oh, Sublime Text, how do I love thee?

Renegade:
Anyone know what the trial is like? It says no time limit, but I'd like to give it a spin for a while (probably a month or so), and I'm simply not interested in trying a "demo" that restricts the functionality, which completely defeats the purpose of trying the software in the first place.

$60 is pretty steep when I think that Notepad++ is so good and free, but if it really is that good, then $60 isn't really that bad.

Tuxman:
Anyone know what the trial is like? -Renegade (September 21, 2012, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
When I checked last (before I bought a license (which was back in alpha days)), it was: Random nag screens when saving.
And it surely is worth it. It replaced Notepad++ for me (although it will never replace my GVim).  :-*

Renegade:
Anyone know what the trial is like? -Renegade (September 21, 2012, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
When I checked last (before I bought a license (which was back in alpha days)), it was: Random nag screens when saving.
And it surely is worth it. It replaced Notepad++ for me (although it will never replace my GVim).  :-*
-Tuxman (September 21, 2012, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Nag screens are fine by me. I just don't want to actually try to use it, do some work, then find out that I just spent an hour for nothing as I can't save, copy, etc.

Anyone know anything more recent?

(I'd already downloaded it when I first posted, but was just waiting to see if it's crippleware before I actually try to use it.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version