ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Some test?

<< < (4/4)

ahlun:
So, simply installing this software, it should, somehow, make the the AMD system to have a function similar to Intel's hyperthreading right?

mouser:
well don't expect miracles -
this program is not going to speed up normal programs.
its only useful when you have a program running that uses almost all of your cpu.
most programs do not.
only certain programs that do a huge amount of calculations, such as archiving programs, or video conversion programs , or mathematical simulation programs, do this, and process tamer is really designed to help make your computer responsive while using these kinds of programs.

Scott:
The b10 use 9,5s/h on my system...-VaMPiRiC_CRoW (April 02, 2005, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Assuming you mean 9.5 seconds per hour--which is ridiculously and anomalously-high for Process Tamer--I'll bet that it's ProcessGuard at fault.  The ProcessGuard driver can intercept the actions of applications, with the result being that the other process (in this case, ProcessTamerTray.exe) is charged for the CPU time.

I'll test it myself, if I can gather the stomach to install ProcessGuard again...

VaMPiRiC_CRoW:
Yes, I use ProcessGuard...

Scott:
I installed ProcessGuard 3.150, enabled all its settings (except "Execution Protection"), and didn't see a problem.  ProcessTamerTray.exe is always very well behaved for me.  I am using ProcessTamer 2.00.15, however.  And I tested this in a virtual environment that didn't have a whole lot running, so...  It may not mean much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version