topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Video Accelerator  (Read 3154 times)

oldfart

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Video Accelerator
« on: February 18, 2008, 09:41 PM »
A friend of mine just sent me a link to this site:   http://www.videoaccelerator.com/ 

I've searched the forums and found no mention but perhaps one of you are familiar with the product.  Apparently it is from the folks who developed DAP, which I used back in the dial-up days.  They say it will speed up broadband so that streaming video plays much smoother, with no hiccups or skips.  They also keep a record of your video viewing so you can return to a video easily.  If nobody has any experience with it, perhaps I'll give it a go.  They also offer a Pro version that they say will do the same for your iTunes downloads--for a fee.

dmg

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Video Accelerator
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:47 PM »
I just took a 10 second glance at the website. It looks like they are just using the standard tactic of most accelerated file downloaders. Namely multiple connections. However, since video can normally start playing after a short buffering period, and continue to download in the background, I doubt you will see much of a difference.