ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How many germs are living on your keyboard?

<< < (3/6) > >>

CWuestefeld:
This might not be all bad. Some scientists think that increasing incidence of allergies may result from extreme degrees of hygiene in modern life:
It appears that when the immune system gears itself up to make antibodies against germs, it promotes a kind of immune system boost that discourages allergy. This theory has attracted a lot of attention, and has been called the  hygiene hypothesis. As an off-shoot of this idea, scientists are now looking at the possibility of boosting the kind of antibody response we make to germs in order to protect children against allergies in later life.
http://www.allergyclinic.co.uk/epidemic.htm#Hygiene
--- End quote ---

f0dder:
These things are so silly. 2,696,400 germs on your keyboard right now! That's equivalent to the number of germs on 539 toilet seats.

Lashiec:
There are about 1,842,540 germs on your keyboard right now!
That's equivalent to the number of germs on 369 toilet seats.

--- End quote ---

I guess if I cleaned the computer daily, the number would go down fast :)

nite_monkey:
There are about 3,235,680 germs on your keyboard right now!
That's equivalent to the number of germs on 647 toilet seats.

Which really isn't that bad, because toilet seats are the cleanest place in your house (watch Mythbusters if you don't believe me)

Lashiec:
Time for another Mythbusters episode: Are really so many germs living in your keyboard? :)

That said, you settle a new record. Congratulations, I think ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version