ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

FastStone MaxView Mini-Review

<< < (4/6) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I just downloaded this program.  It is much faster than the windows default viewer.  Is there anyway that I setup Thunderbird as my mail client instead of Outlook?  The software defaults to Outlook and I added Thunderbird as an external program but that didn't help either.
-techidave (February 01, 2008, 05:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably a dumb question, but you have set up the default email client correctly? The following works for me...

jgpaiva:
Probably a dumb question, but you have set up the default email client correctly? The following works for me...
-Perry Mowbray (February 01, 2008, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
I feel dumb... You're right, that works. (unfortunatelly, opera won't accept it, though, but no problem :)).

Ok, so i just found out another interesting thing!
I mentioned about moving the image when out of full-screen: that can be done with right-button drag! smart :D

what I miss in most viewers is the option to zoom into a selected area of image
-tomos (February 01, 2008, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, but MaxView won't let you down on that! Try pressing ctrl and dragging with left button! :D

Perry Mowbray:
what I miss straight away in Faststone (compared to imagine) is that it wont go from last file in folder back to first ("Jump to the first file?" box pops up)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm: I don't get that happening? I can keep scrolling through all the folder's images continuously going from last back to first, etc.

Try the "Repeat Continuously" toggle. I couldn't find any documentation, but that seems to do the trick:

FastStone MaxView Mini-Review

also miss the modifiable shortcuts..
--- End quote ---

I agree! In this day and age, it all should be configurable...

--- End quote ---

IrfanView zooms like this and it is very handy to get to a particular spot at a high zoom quickly.

I like the pan in MaxView though...

tomos:
--- End quote ---
Oh, but MaxView won't let you down on that! Try pressing ctrl and dragging with left button! :D
-jgpaiva (February 01, 2008, 07:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
ahhgh SUPER!! -I'm sold! :-*

and
@Perry, repeat continuously works nicely :Thmbsup: -
I did like the warning in imagine but can imagine that [in imagine ;D] getting annoying too

Perry Mowbray:
I feel dumb... You're right, that works. (unfortunatelly, opera won't accept it, though, but no problem :)).
--- End quote ---

:-[ No, I meant my question was probably dumb... but glad it works. [Opera won't work with a standard OS setting??]

Ok, so i just found out another interesting thing!
I mentioned about moving the image when out of full-screen: that can be done with right-button drag! smart :D
--- End quote ---

:up: I just accidentally found that too  :D
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

Great  :Thmbsup: Thanks! I read it on the website, but it didn't seem to be working (don't ask me, it's OK now)..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version