ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

FastStone MaxView Mini-Review

<< < (3/6) > >>

jgpaiva:
Maybe we all should send an email (as a more realistic indication of the functions support)  :D
-Perry Mowbray (February 01, 2008, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D I already sent mine, and pointed the developer to this thread.
Let's not annoy him to death (or he might get mad at us and not implement it :P), but get the max people to post here supporting his software instead!

I'll bet you that this approach will get a better result (not to say about the warm feeling inside for the developer ;) )

jgpaiva:
Hey doctorfrog!

I didn't know about irfanview's add of an adware bar. I guess that's yet another positive point for MaxView :D

Actually, There's something i forgot to mention (becaus i haven't really used it in depth), but MaxView also has its own simple editor, which allows you to add highlights, text, freelines and watermarks to images. And the highlights look really really nice!! :D

Perry Mowbray:
Maybe we all should send an email (as a more realistic indication of the functions support)  :D
-Perry Mowbray (February 01, 2008, 06:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D I already sent mine, and pointed the developer to this thread.
Let's not annoy him to death (or he might get mad at us and not implement it :P), but get the max people to post here supporting his software instead!

I'll bet you that this approach will get a better result (not to say about the warm feeling inside for the developer ;) )
-jgpaiva (February 01, 2008, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

You could be right: I guess it depends on how the developer deals with bugs/requests. I would have thought that a new email about an issue was an indication of the level of need. But I'd hate to annoy him to death...

BTW: My version emails out of Thunderbird just fine  :-\ ... so I didn't send my email anyway  :D

jgpaiva:
BTW: My version emails out of Thunderbird just fine[/b]  :-\ ... so I didn't send my email anyway  :D
-Perry Mowbray (February 01, 2008, 06:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Now that's strange... I have opera set as defaul email handler and MaxView still opens in outlook express.
It could be some error on my end, then.

tomos:
Thanks for the review jgpaiva !! :up:

I been using Imagine very briefly lately. as reported by Lanux

this came up in gHacks recently: Imagine. looks good but haven't tried it yet..-lanux128 (January 18, 2008, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

what I miss straight away in Faststone (compared to imagine) is that it wont go from last file in folder back to first ("Jump to the first file?" box pops up)
also miss the modifiable shortcuts..
but I'm finding Imagine either a bit buggy or else it has very strange defaults with regard to zoom - havent looked into it enough yet
[edit - what gets me most about imagine is no pan :tellme: you hae to use arrows - edit]

Faststone does give a lovely full view of images - no messing around with windows etc!
so think I'll try it a bit :)

what I miss in most viewers is the option to zoom into a selected area of image
e.g. in adobe and other graphics products:
-
Ctrl+Spacebar and click/drag to select area to zoom into - add alt for zoom out
Spacebar for pan -
(mind you thats all a bit broken in Acrobat 8 - changing from zoom to pan doesnt work properly)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version