ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for web based or book based help on Windows / Linux servers

<< < (4/4)

Carol Haynes:
I set up a user on the Windows Server (in a Virtual Machine). I can see the server in the host operating system but can't see how to log into the server as the user I created ?? I think I need to go through setting up Active Directory in the server so that there is a domain to log into - but I am not too sure how to do that .... yet!

tinjaw:
I set up a user on the Windows Server (in a Virtual Machine). I can see the server in the host operating system but can't see how to log into the server as the user I created ?? I think I need to go through setting up Active Directory in the server so that there is a domain to log into - but I am not too sure how to do that .... yet!
-Carol Haynes (February 03, 2008, 07:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Carol, I am confused. You just login to Windows Server like you would any other box. You had to login as Administrator to create the user account. You just do it the same way.  :huh: Can you attach a screenshot? Maybe that will clear things up.

Carol Haynes:
Sorry I don't mean that - my fault for describing it so badly.

I want to login via my desktop computer (the host operating system) as a user of the server running in a VM on the same desktop so that I can play in the host operating system as though it were a network client of the server. The only way I can get my desktop to display a login box is to logout but then that shuts down the server.

I suppose I could try switching users and leaving the server running in the background.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version