ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Anyone familiar with AnVir Security Suite?

<< < (2/4) > >>

KenR:
link please.
-mouser (January 27, 2008, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.anvir.com/securitysuite/

This is NOT the Avira AntiVir software, but Nosh got it right. The above link will take you directly to the page for the security suite. Also, this program is not freeware. The cost is $39.95 and you can download a 20-day demo version.

Ken

Lashiec:
Darn nosh, you beat me to it :)

I was googling a bit about it, and frankly, I don't know what to think. The site looks fishy, but then I'm Mr. Paranoid. No information on Castlecops or Wilders Security Forum about it, apart from entries about their executables (classified as safe) and HijackThis logs, SiteAdvisor flags the site as clean. They also did a really good SEO work, because Google is oozing with links to download their programs in every site you can think about (90% of them must be delivering malware, as always).

But it seems safe, for the little information I have found. It really bugs me, though, that there are tons of links leading to a download, but not a single snippet of information. Handle it with care.

Also, those Microsoft certifications, no information about the company, hmmm... AnVir Task Manager was featured in GAOTD, but that's like saying nothing.

maks13:
It is nice app I like it very much :)
Startup monitor and task manager are fine!  :Thmbsup:

tomos:
[edit] thought it antivir - seems it's something else altogether - sorry bout that [/edit]

do you mean antivir in general or what Lashiec (i.e. what is this "it" you talking about :tellme: :))

Anti-Vir anti-virus is supposed to be one of the best although it has a reputation of finding a lot of false positives
The rest I dont know about

[edit] thought I'd just leave the post anyway cause I'm sure lots of people think the anvir is just a typo! [/edit]

maks13:
anvir and antivir are different companies

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version