ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Agenda At Once v3.0 final - finally :)

<< < (2/4) > >>

vradmilovic:
Thank you both for kind words and useful comments! :)

Agenda at Once looks great. I use a Palm hand held computer which contains a lot of this information. This hand held came with a windows program (Palm Desktop) that works in concert with it.
-KenR (January 27, 2008, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, synchronization with various product is planned as a next major improvement. Actually, we would like to straighten up any possible problems with this initial release before we start developing this. According to poll among beta testers, support for MS Outlook and Palm are first to be implemented.

* The program crashed when I added my first contact-ChalkTrauma (January 27, 2008, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Argh! I hate this! :) OK, I'm good now... ;) Can you please PM me an AgendaAtOnce.elf (error log file)? From the main menu choose Tools | Open folder | Error log file to find it.

* When I set layout to: top-Left = To-do, top-right=Notes then tab for "Schedule" contains quick notes-ChalkTrauma (January 27, 2008, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I will check this. Thank you.

* Is there a way to add "assigned by" to tasks? I manage tasks by, who requested the task and who is working on it...-ChalkTrauma (January 27, 2008, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, there is no additional field to enter contacts, but it sounds interesting. I suppose that "mixing" "by" and "to" assignees in same field doesn't make sense for you?

* Export to XML as an option would be nice to allow XSLT transformation to HTML or other data formats.-ChalkTrauma (January 27, 2008, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Noted. Thanks. As I said before, various syncs and exports/imports will be implemented soon.

* It would be nice to have a higher level grouping like project instead of just category. I track my to-do lists by project, and inside projects I group by category ( coding, review, research, testing, etc ).-ChalkTrauma (January 27, 2008, 10:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Makes sense. Still, can you use multiple categories for this purpose? For example, create categories: Project1, Project2, ..., Coding, Review, ... and then assign pairs to each task: [Project1, Coding], [Project2, Coding], [Project1, Review], ... After this you would be able to filter by projects, types or both.

ChalkTrauma:
Can you please PM me an AgendaAtOnce.elf (error log file)? From the main menu choose Tools | Open folder | Error log file to find i
--- End quote ---

ok.. I got it.. I'll PM after this post..

I suppose that "mixing" "by" and "to" assignees in same field doesn't make sense for you?
--- End quote ---

I thought of that also, but they can be the same group of people so that makes it a bit ambiguous..

Still, can you use multiple categories for this purpose?
--- End quote ---

I did try that, and it does work to a point, but then if you view a project todo list the category column is very hard to read, my job is insanely hectic, especially over the last year I have picked up a lot of other roles, and I've spent a lot of time finding tools to help me manage the deluge of info I have to keep track of, things like EverNote and  ToDo list make my job survivable. I use a lot of colors and symbols to help at-a-glance recognition of state because many times I'm just glancing at the state of a project before I have to give someone an answer on something. That is what makes categories hard to read when it is doubled or tripled up. I know I'm being picky, but I just wanted you to get a feel for in what context I'm using AOA, and how seriously I use that type of tool in my work.

One other question.. Is there a published plugin API or is that closed?

vradmilovic:
I did try that, and it does work to a point, but then if you view a project todo list the category column is very hard to read,
-ChalkTrauma (January 28, 2008, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I see what you mean. I suppose that adding an option to show only subtasks of specific tasks would do the trick then? We will consider adding this in the future. Thanks!

One other question.. Is there a published plugin API or is that closed?
-ChalkTrauma (January 28, 2008, 09:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Currently it's not published and it's not polished. :) If there were enough interest from users to create own plugins, we will make it available. Otherwise, it will just serve as a way for implementing some features.

KenR:
Thank you both for kind words and useful comments! :)

Agenda at Once looks great. I use a Palm hand held computer which contains a lot of this information. This hand held came with a windows program (Palm Desktop) that works in concert with it.
-KenR (January 27, 2008, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, synchronization with various product is planned as a next major improvement. Actually, we would like to straighten up any possible problems with this initial release before we start developing this. According to poll among beta testers, support for MS Outlook and Palm are first to be implemented.-vradmilovic (January 28, 2008, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, that's great! I'm tired of using the stagnant, unchanging Palm Desktop software and can't wait until you implement the necessary features. Please let me know if you need any beta testers for Palm devices. I'll be glad to help in any way that I am able.

By the way, there is a chance I will be switching to a BlackBerry phone with built-in schedule software, like the Treo I have now. Will Agenda At Once interface with those devices and other "smart phones" as well?

Thanks, Ken

vradmilovic:
By the way, there is a chance I will be switching to a BlackBerry phone with built-in schedule software, like the Treo I have now. Will Agenda At Once interface with those devices and other "smart phones" as well?
-KenR (January 28, 2008, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Plan is to implement one at the time, in the order of number of requests. After Palm, we will decide between PocketPC and BlackBerry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version