ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bits Du Jour and GAOTD one-day deals

<< < (4/8) > >>

Darwin:
I was envisioning a child board of Found Deals and Discounts called something like: "Daily Deals". Perry's idea is good as well, though - have a Bits du Jour child board and a GiveawayoftheDay childboard. But then what do you do with short term deals from other sites/vendors?

Perry Mowbray:
I was envisioning a child board of Found Deals and Discounts called something like: "Daily Deals". Perry's idea is good as well, though - have a Bits du Jour child board and a GiveawayoftheDay childboard. But then what do you do with short term deals from other sites/vendors?
-Darwin (January 30, 2008, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

No you're right Darwin, I don't think you'd really split them: having a Daily Deals type thing is more what I was thinking (just not typing); then all the short term deals can go together (which is really what we want isn't it?)

tinjaw:
The more I think about it, the more I feel that there is no need for a sticky. As we see deals we particularly like we can post them as we have been. If you want to see everything available from sites like BdJ and GOTD, subscribe to their RSS feeds. We only need to talk about them here on DC if they are noteworthy.

BigJim:
Bravo!  :Thmbsup:

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Right.  I wasn't suggesting any extra attention to Bits and GAOTD than they have now, if something is special it will be noted, otherwise we can check ourselves.  Simply that they would have their own thread, and we would know only the stuff at the top is "live" (Bits looks ahead a few days).

Let other "short-term" deals stay here, since most of those are still for awhile.  Only organized short-termers, including Woot and "1 Sale a Day" should be on the "One-Day" thread. 

The thread (sub-forum or equal forum) could be called "One-Day Discounts".  And we know that Bits has a look-ahead feature, so the current discussion could be about a day in the future, but the past will be, as they say, history.

Shalom,
Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version