ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Bits Du Jour and GAOTD one-day deals

<< < (2/8) > >>

cthorpe:
I think a sticky would be a great idea.  I have purchased quite a few applications through bitsdujour.  And let's not forget woot, though that not software.  I very rarely even bother with the giveawayoftheday and their games offerings, however they occasionally offer something really good, so I check them daily (I have both GOTD and bits feeds on my start page).

Carl

Deozaan:
How about a locked sticky that has their dynamic signature thingy that automatically tells you what the deal of the day is, how much time left, etc.?

Curt:
I don't like the idea about sticky links. When 'we' post about some giveaway / offer it is because we have an opinion abouth the program being offered and we want to tell that THIS giveaway / offer is different from all the others.

Carol Haynes:
How about a clickable automatic Bits du Jour and Giveaway ticker somewhere so that every day people see what is on offer?

For example:

Today's Offers ..... Bits du Jour: SunlitGreen Photo Editor .... Today's Offers  .... Giveaway of the Day: RQ Search and Replace ...
Don't know how easy it would be to write a little script to read the daily titles (the URLs obviously stay the same).

Grorgy:
I agree with curt, people here either know about or quickly learn about sites like bits du jour and can choose to subscribe to the site or not.  people who have experience of, or have heard great things about some particular offer i think would be best.  Otherwise donation coder could/would be seen as an affiliate type site which I think mouser has rejected in another thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version