ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Why Miranda might blow you away (do you use IRC, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Google.talk..

<< < (11/12) > >>

f0dder:
Okay, I wonder wtf's up with Trillian, and how come Josh has so low memory values. Even after enabling pagefile on my system, I get the following stats. Note that this is with trillian not connected to anything (since I had Miranda running) - and with Trillian only having run for a couple minutes but Miranda since I booted my computer (XP doesn't require reboot to enable pagefile).

Why Miranda might blow you away (do you use IRC, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Google.talk..Why Miranda might blow you away (do you use IRC, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Google.talk..

I wonder what's with all the pagefaults in trillian - it just keeps increasing, increasing and increasing. And you can also see that, although it's been running for a lot less time, trillian has gobbled up more CPU time than Miranda. Nothing significant, but still more "hoggy" than miranda :)

pob:
To use several IRC servers, I just copied IRC.dll to IRC2.dll etc. - should work with other protocols too.
-brotherS (February 06, 2007, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, that worked nicely :)
I've now set up the tabbed message window and added some smiley capability and it's looking quite useful

Is there any plugin that supports displaying custom user emoticons from the newer MSN clients?  Even better if it was possible to steal them ;)

f0dder:
pob: custom emoticons are just about the only feature I personally miss in Miranda - dunno if anybody has written a plugin for it.

Btw, even with MSN it's easy enough to "steal" them, just right-click and add... the files are stored somewhere under documents and settings, with "weird filenames" though.

pob:
Yeah I know you can get them with MSN.

On the other hand, so many of the emoticons are really annoying, in some ways it's a blessing not to suffer them. :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
pob: custom emoticons are just about the only feature I personally miss in Miranda - dunno if anybody has written a plugin for it.
-f0dder (February 07, 2007, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I agree. If miranda had support for custom emoticons, i'd switch right away. Until then, i'm stuck with msnmsgr taking 1/4th of my ram :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version