ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Why Miranda might blow you away (do you use IRC, ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, Google.talk..

<< < (7/12) > >>

moerl:
:)

pob:
I use Gaim cos it supports multiple accounts of each protocol.  I have 3 MSN accounts and 2 Yahoo accounts.
But there are plenty of annoyances with Gaim, too.

Does Miranda handle that properly?

brotherS:
To use several IRC servers, I just copied IRC.dll to IRC2.dll etc. - should work with other protocols too.

Josh:
I just moved from miranda to trillian. While it might not support the thousands of options that miranda does, it is far more stable, has fewer bugs (like being able to handle HTML Special characters properly), and feels generally more robust. Check it out at www.ceruleanstudios.com

brotherS:
I just moved from miranda to trillian. While it might not support the thousands of options that miranda does, it is far more stable, has fewer bugs (like being able to handle HTML Special characters properly), and feels generally more robust. Check it out at www.ceruleanstudios.com
-Josh (February 06, 2007, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I truely feel sorry for your loss  :D

I freely admit that Miranda isn't free of bugs, but Miranda's *WEALTH* of options (huge plus for me) lets me happily live with that fact. Since I use Miranda to talk with others I don't need HTML features.

If you setup Miranda right, it's very stable. I'm mostly using the alpha versions, and even those crash almost never.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version