ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Looking for webservice to convert svn repo to zip

(1/3) > >>

tinjaw:
I am at work and cannot run an svn client. Unfortunately there is no web frontend available to download a zipped copy of the code. Do you know of any web service that will create a zip file or tar ball when given a subversion URL?

[update] I was able to get what I needed by using Window's Network Neighborhood. I just entered the URL to the repo, which is on a WebDAV server, and downloaded the whole directory.

f0dder:
You should be able to do it yourself pretty easily with some python code on the server end? *nudge nudge* :P

Btw, I recently integrated subversion with the Vanilla forums, pretty darn nice to get forum notifications whenever somebody checks in new code.

But i digress, sorry for the off-topic :)

tinjaw:
I would be afraid to see the bandwidth bills for such a service. It would be nice to have a web app that takes the type of version control used, URL, and a few other options and does an export from that repo and compresses to the form chosen. You'd need fat pipes and some fast hard drives.

mouser:
This is actually a damn cool idea i think, a web service that will go grab an svn respository and deliver it to you as a zip file.

tinjaw:
This is actually a damn cool idea i think, a web service that will go grab an svn respository and deliver it to you as a zip file.
-mouser (January 26, 2008, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

VEIGN !!!!! Knock Knock Hint Hint Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version