ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Another related app : Mayk

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
2 things:

1)
the file search code in F+R is clean fast c++ code;

but there are no doubt inefficiencies that are now in there doing things like resolving shortcuts and grabbing icons, and storing long+short versions of filenames,etc.

and i understand that  F+R needs to be as fast as it can be; so i promise that once we get some of the additional search functionality that is pending which will allow better searching for multiple words etc, that i will go back through code and really spend some time making it as fast as it can possibly be.  so fear not, F+R will take a back seat to no app in terms of speed.

2) i don't understand the 4 second for each letterpress comment.  it takes 4 seconds for what to happen?

--

color coding is an interesting idea..

also remember: after you launch a file once, it is stored in the fast launch history for super fast location next time - so only the first time you search for a particular file should take any time at all!

nontroppo:
and i understand that  F+R needs to be as fast as it can be; so i promise that once we get some of the additional search functionality that is pending which will allow better searching for multiple words etc, that i will go back through code and really spend some time making it as fast as it can possibly be.  so fear not, F+R will take a back seat to no app in terms of speed.-mouser (October 13, 2005, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I absolutely don't doubt it, your applications are excellent and it is clear to see you are a consumate craftsman!

2) i don't understand the 4 second for each letterpress comment.  it takes 4 seconds for what to happen?-mouser (October 13, 2005, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

For the full progressive search of my 5 folder locations on each keypress. On my home machine it is 0 seconds (rounded down), but my laptop is much more recent than my work machine.

also remember: after you launch a file once, it is stored in the fast launch history for super fast location next time - so only the first time you search for a particular file should take any time at all!
 -mouser (October 13, 2005, 01:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, this does make a valuable difference.

nontroppo:
Bug tracker link: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Tracking/view.php?id=81

kfitting: are you really a synaesthete? My flatmate is too, with colours/numbers. I am Neuroscientist so I find synaesthesia fascinating.

kfitting:
Yes I am... numbers, letters, and music in particular.

Kevin

nontroppo:
cool, just hope it didn't impact negatively  in your education (as teachers can be ignorant of it). my flatmate always felt so bad about her math abilities, until I told her she was synaesthetic and we discussed how creative it was to see numbers with colours / personalities. We are all synaesthetic to an extent (and the brain is very cross-connected between sensory modalities), you are simply better at it! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version