ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

ProcessTamer Tray Icon does not display in Vista

(1/2) > >>

koehlerb:
The tray icon for ProcessTamer does not consistently display in Vista.
When I check what is running, it shows that ProcessTamerTray.exe IS running, but the tray icon is not displayed.  If i try to start ProcessTamer in this state, it is not allowed to start (because a copy is already active).
If I KILL ProcessTamer that is running in the background, it will terminate - then when I re-start it, it does display properly in the tray.

It is a WONDERFUL PRODUCT, but this is annoying...

Thanks

Bruce
Santa Cruz, CA USA Earth

mouser:
does this problem only manifest itself when it starts at boot time when windows starts?

koehlerb:
Correct

mouser:
ok, i don't think you are the only person suffering from this -- i've never had it happen to me with process tamer, but i have had it happen with another program of mine to me.. something causes it occasionally with programs that start with windows.  i'll try to investigate and fix.

iycgtptyarvg:
I've also had this problem once with a customer. What I did to fix this was call Shell_NotifyIcon with NIM_DELETE and then NIM_ADD to force the reinstitution of the tray icon 60 seconds after my app started.

To be even more sure the tray icon shows up, do this every 3 minutes or so. This will help you with the situation where 'explorer.exe' has been killed and reloaded (after a crash).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version