ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

NTFSearch

<< < (2/2)

Armando:
hummmm... I see. Thanks for your deductions and guesstimates f0dder!  :)

Armando:
http://www.indexyourfiles.com/

I've been playing with this for the last couple of days. Once the indexes are complete it's faster than a speeding bullet. Very impressive and freeware from Portable apps!

:)
-Cuffy (January 23, 2008, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Did you compare it  to locate32?

Cuffy:
No. I ran across it playing with a new pen drive and a download of portable applications. Using an indexer or search app never entered my mind prior to this but I was curious about the speed so gave it a shot. It takes longer to get the index open than it does for it to search out the requested file.
I'm fascinated by the speed! I've got about a quarter of a million files on this machine and IYF finds any of them instantly. Haven't been able to fool it even once!
I may reverse the sort order and try again to fool it. I doubt it though....... it's really paying attention. I wonder if it plays Three Card Monty?

8)

Darwin:
What I like about Index Your Files is that it compresses the index when it's not in use. I'm not aware of any other indexer doing that. I also like that it doesn't require installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version