ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: toolbar with spec character links

(1/3) > >>

Curt:
This can hardly be a coding "snack", but where do I go to ask for a full meal program?

I would like a (auto-hiding) toolbar / extra taskbar filled with shortcuts to special characters of my own choice. You know, characters like ßИ|ðÞʤξæøåὩ™⅞ or whatever, and shortcuts represented by icons on a toolbar. Click your special character's icon and it is injected to the clipboard. The smallest monitor is appr 800 pixels wide. One small icon is 16 pixels + 1 pixel for space = giving room for at least 45 favourite special characters, one character per icon, on a 800x18 pixels auto-hiding special tool / task -bar. If your screen is any wider you can have more characters. If your screen is high you can have more rows of icons.

Is this doable? Yes, of course, but is it doable at DonationCoder? :tellme:

app103:
I should be able to do this, believe it or not.

I could use much of the code from my DC Search deskbar project to accomplish this, once that is finished and a few issues it has have been resolved.

I am still working through a few XP theme issues with it. Once I have those straightened out, you will have your special characters toolbar on your taskbar, too.  ;)

Curt:
I should be able to do this, believe it or not. I could use much of the code from my DC Search deskbar project to accomplish this, once that is finished and a few issues it has have been resolved. I am still working through a few XP theme issues with it. Once I have those straightened out, you will have your special characters toolbar on your taskbar, too.  -app103 (January 20, 2008, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is the true DC spirit!  :Thmbsup:

What a way to mark post number 1700 (Edit: 1.699), April!  :-* 

app103:
Keep your eyes open for post #2000 and snag a screenshot when it happens. I am likely to miss it. I never seem to pay attention to such things.

Curt:
I will do my best to grab your #2000

My imagination tells me the hard part of the thread's IDEA may be to get special characters to inject AT ALL, and then to create a proper icon for each?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version