ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

NW IDEA: Drive to open on Dated folder

(1/5) > >>

nogojoe:
Hi Coders

I have a partioned drive which I download programs, web pages, etc.to .  almost on a daily basis 
This is done mostly through a program downloader (called DOWNLOADER) it automatically archives the programs etc into a dated folder ie 20/01/ 2008.
I leave these in the folders there in which they are archived in until they are needed.

What I want to be able to is to open the today’s dated archived folder when I access the drive which there are on.

This hopefully would be be done from a shortcut from the desktop.
The coded program would have to locate the (today’s)dated folder if it exists and if a today's dated folder doesn’t exist open the drive as normal .
The date format is dd/mm/yyyy

Many thanks

nogojoe

jgpaiva:
How about if today's folder isn't found, yesterday's folder is opened, or if that one isn't found either, the parent folder is opened?

jgpaiva:
Ok, done.

I attached to this post, both the source and the compiled version. (to run the source you need autohotkey)

To run it, just create a shortcut to it and pass it as argument the parent folder of the dated folders.

nogojoe:
That would be OK sounds a good idea especially around midnight it would come in handy.good thinking.

I am on WXP SP2.

My drive letter is “ I “ 

The folders are archived straight to drive I not under any archive folder for Downloader

Regards
nogojoe

jgpaiva:
Ok, following your post, you should create a shortcut that has something like this on it's target:

--- ---OpenTodaysFolder.exe i:\
That would be OK sounds a good idea especially around midnight it would come in handy
-nogojoe (January 19, 2008, 05:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, that's exactly what i though.

PS: notice that i already posted the solution on my post above! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version