ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Plain text editor for writers

<< < (7/12) > >>

JaneDC:
Was about to thank the poster for the nice find on q10, but after reading the replies, you guys just turned this into keyboard tech support. So much for forum organization I guess.

Curt:
In my imagination the thread got carried away because the very titel of the thread is "unclear". We know what a plain text editor is, because we all have Notepad or similar. But what is a plain text editor for writers? I mean, what are they writing?  Programs? Homepages? Books? Notes? Any rich formatted text -with or without graphs or images, or does it have to be text only? I don't think it takes lack of forum organization to get distracted by such uncertainty. Anyway, we can take it, and so can you if you try.  ;)

If the editor in question can handle plain text only, I would go for FlashNotes. But if it is allowed to handle a lot of whistles and bells I would go for Liquid Story Binder and write an illustrated book - including sound files as wwwell!  8)

Darwin:
Was about to thank the poster for the nice find on q10, but after reading the replies, you guys just turned this into keyboard tech support. So much for forum organization I guess.
-JaneDC (January 23, 2008, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mea culpa  :-[... Shouldn't preclude you from thanking the poster for bringing q10 to your attention, though, should it  :P

superboyac:
I'm not a programmer or a writer, I'm in between.  I know good text editors are a big deal for a lot of people.  Do these editors offer unique features not available in other good text editors?

Curt:
..Do these editors offer unique features ..?-superboyac (January 23, 2008, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

"these" - what editors? Sorry; I am confused.

What goes for FlashNotes: It will popup 'as a flash' when you hit the hotkey, and it auto-saves, no need to click anything, other than to type.

As for Liquid Story Binder: I listed all the features in this post, but I imagine it can do all that you would want it to - it can even be totally simple:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version