ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Plain text editor for writers

<< < (5/12) > >>

Darwin:
[Blatant thread hijack]

I can't leave well enough alone... These comments from the Jon Galloway blog are illuminating as well:

Sadly, not only microsoft went this way, Logitech decided to follow them and also use the "extended" function keys. Fortunately, my logitech iTouch configuration program allows this nifty setting called "Keep original function" :)

Maybe you could try installing the logitech itouch drivers, and use them for your microsoft "intelli"type keyboards? Since they're all multimedia keyboards, it might work.

Gods, I have been annoyed by this for so long, until I got so bothered I had to find a fix. Your post prompted me to explore my own settings, and that made me find the above solution, THANKS!

@Eddemans: a HACKsaw maybe? ;-)

Or you could always use the scanmap-trick, and then pry loose the keys and rearange them on the keyboard. (gentle, but persistant, force works on a surprising amount of keyboards)

Sunday, September 03, 2006 4:32 PM by Jules Kerssemakers
--- End quote ---

and

Wow, what a relief. I just plugged in an old Dell keyboard that doesn't have an F-lock key. However, windows was treating the keyboard as if the keys were F-locked. After two days of searching, I came across this solution. It worked great. Many thanks!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 4:41 PM by Nick
--- End quote ---
(emphasis is mine)

[/Blatant thread hijack]

PS Thanks for the link to yWriter, Rhutobello. I've tried it in the past and it is very nice.

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
Q10 is amazing!
Just started using it tonight.
Coping with ADHD and using this utility makes it sooo much easier to write my blog articles. hahaha. weird, huh?

Now I have another tool to add to my GTD arsenal.

Carsto:
lanux128,

Nice avatar, best in a long time.

Thanks for the tip.  Will try it.  Counting reactions and reading content, it seems I opened a can of worms.   Looks like we better talk to Logitech for a good all round keyboard.

Thing is, in my language if I don't do diacritics, it sometimes reads like swearing.  Yes, people have already dropped to it and read over it, yet it remains an irritating foible - breaks the thread.

Mnemonic,
Word/OpenOffice is no issue anymore.  Go to www.evermoresw.com for a butt-kicker suite.  Admitted, not gratis (about half  MSOffice Home)  but "Word/Ecxel/Access" all in one binder under one file format.  "Copy-paste" - literally! - tables into word processor and the links are kept. Internet collaboration, yes.  And file conversion to/from MSOffice. Fair dinkum.  It also works exactly like MS Office - so no learning curve.  It's written in Java.

Otherwise, thanks I'll look up the leads.

Carsto.

Carsto:
Special characters problem solved.

Lanux128,
Thanks, downloaded and tried Allchars.  Just what I needed. There are some good macro goodies and expanded text as well.

Regards,

Carsto.

lanux128:
Special characters problem solved.

Lanux128,
Thanks, downloaded and tried Allchars.  Just what I needed. There are some good macro goodies and expanded text as well.-Carsto (January 22, 2008, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

you're welcome, Carsto. glad to be of help. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version