ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Plain text editor for writers

<< < (3/12) > >>

tomos:
"F Lock"? What is this "F Lock" you speak of? I do not see anything that says this on any key of my keyboard. Nor do I see this on any spare keyboards I have. Where would this be located?
-app103 (January 20, 2008, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

usually to the right of F12 key IF it's there at all -(personally I wish it wasnt here)
mine says
[F]Mode (but it's a german keyboard...)

mnemonic:
"F Lock"? What is this "F Lock" you speak of? I do not see anything that says this on any key of my keyboard. Nor do I see this on any spare keyboards I have. Where would this be located?
-app103 (January 20, 2008, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mine's right of the Pause/Break key and above the Num Lock (Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard).  Not entirely sure of it's purpose, but it seemed to do the trick.

app103:
usually to the right of F12 key IF it's there at all -(personally I wish it wasnt here)
mine says
[F]Mode (but it's a german keyboard...)
-tomos (January 20, 2008, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

It goes from F12, an empty space, and then the print screen key.  :huh:

Mine's right of the Pause/Break key and above the Num Lock (Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard).  Not entirely sure of it's purpose, but it seemed to do the trick.
-mnemonic (January 20, 2008, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope...nothing but empty space there too.

hmmm...guess I don't have one. So I guess that can't be the problem.

Darwin:
Sounds like I have the same keyboard (or a similar one, anyway) to menmonic. I hate using SnagIt with it, for example, because I like to use the PrtScn key to take screenshots. Unfortunately, the F Lock button has to be invoked first, otherwise in trying to capture a screenshot I inadvertently invoke Insert instead.

Anyway, AFAICT, F Lock allows for more functinonality to be mapped to the Funcition keys. On mine, default actions are the ones you'd expect - F2 is rename in Windows Explorer, for example, but Undo is also mapped to it. I can switch between the two with the F Lock key. FWIW, F1 invokes Help on my keyboard.

What kind of keyboard are you using, app? Is there a setting in your Control Panel applet for the keyboard that might help?

app103:
My keyboard is a very simple one...nothing special about it.
Standard stock for a HP Pavilion a847c.
Model #5183

Looked in control panel under keyboard...just a tab for adjusting the speed and one for driver info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version