ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

WordWeb

<< < (6/7) > >>

superboyac:
I like the software version too.

But if I had a grand to blow I'd rather spend it on the 60 volume Great Books of the Western World collection put out out by Encyclopedia Britannica. I've read a little over half of them. I intend to read them all before I'm in my dotage.  :)

That or save up the additional $400-$500 and get the encyclopedia itself.  ;D
-40hz (June 01, 2011, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, of course!  He had that entire set long before he got the dictionary!  Cmon now...

40hz:

But if I had a grand to blow I'd rather spend it on the 60 volume Great Books of the Western World collection put out out by Encyclopedia Britannica. I've read a little over half of them. I intend to read them all before I'm in my dotage.  :)

--- End quote ---
Well, of course!  He had that entire set long before he got the dictionary!  Cmon now...
-superboyac (June 02, 2011, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

He had the entire set?  (40hz surpresses a rare twinge of envy. ;D )

Stoic Joker:

--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

-40hz (June 02, 2011, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

$1,000? Any interest in the full set my parents had in their last yard-sale? It was printed back in the early 70's ... But I'd wager at least half of it's still right...
 :D

superboyac:

--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

-40hz (June 02, 2011, 09:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's great!  I remember while writing our books, that I noticed Faraday's journal was considered a Great Book.  And reading it, it is!  It was fascinating to hear how he went about his experiments.  I was expecting it to be more technical and boring, but it was actually philosophical and real juicy.

tomos:
For the uninitiated - what are ye on about with "writing books" ??

...while writing our books...
-superboyac (June 02, 2011, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
...our entire Freshman year was spent reading and writing about 40 great books from that program...
-zridling (June 01, 2011, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

and (with apologies) are these "Great Books" simply a bunch of books that they republished?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version