ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Bug report?] farr - short freeze every 6 launch/close

<< < (7/15) > >>

Armando:
You might just go to nod32 options and disable some optional hueristics and see if that solves it
-mouser (January 17, 2008, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes... I shall do that. too late for the installation part though...  :) I was just fed up and felt like being radical...

but it would be interesting to hear if it was really comodo causing the problem with FARR.
-mouser (January 17, 2008, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

farr is now behaving completely normally. So after reinstalling NOD and adjusting its parameters, I shall reinstall comodo and see what I can do to alleviate the slowdown problem. (I'd be sad if I had to get rid of comodo... It was pretty good, all things considered... well almost.)

mouser:
fascinating discovery!

as i said i actually observed nod32 doing this to be before, but only in a directory full of html files.
i personally use nod32 as my antivirus and dont notice any farr slowdown issues.. however i do have the heursistic scanning disable since i find that is unreliable.

Armando:
Well, I'm not asleep... yet. I couldn't resist reinstalling NOD32 and see.**  Well, it still does the same thing. I've tried disabling the heuristics (AMON setup --> Options --> Heuristics), but to no avail. The only thing that seems to work is disabling AMON completely, which seems, well, unreasonable. I might be missing something, somewhere... Are you able to run João's program on your system with satisfying results?

** Edit : which reminds me, yet, again, of that joke :

A computer salesman, a hardware engineer, and a software engineer are driving...
A computer salesman, a hardware engineer, and a software engineer are driving in a car together. Suddenly the right rear tire blows out, and the car rolls to a stop. The three men get out to investigate.

The salesman says, "time to buy a new car!"

The hardware engineer says, "well, first let's try swapping the front and rear tires - and see if that fixes it."

The software engineer says, "let's just try driving the car again, and see if the problem goes away by itself."

--- End quote ---

Armando:
It behaves normally when I disable Files Scan on "Open"  and "Create" (AMON-->Detection Setup -->Files - Scan On). Now, I'm not sure if that's a good idea...

mouser:
I suppose i should have tried this before posting..
I got a write time of over 700 seconds.. doesnt make you feel very good about nod32 does it.. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version