ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Bug report?] farr - short freeze every 6 launch/close

<< < (4/15) > >>

Armando:
I forgot to mention that the peaking process (35-39%) during the (ini) file writing phase (using your script, jgpaiva) is the system.exe process. I don't know if that gives any clues...

Ok, so that explains the problem with farr. Curiously, it doesn't explain the problem with gridmove, as it only READS in the section that causes you problems, and the read times you posted look pretty average.
-jgpaiva (January 17, 2008, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

i know, strange.

Regarding the fix for the slow read times, maybe you should open a new thread?
--- End quote ---

You mean... a thread about my problem with GridMove ini file, or in general?

BTW, I just tried reloading, closing, rerunning, etc. GridMove, and the problem is pretty much GONE (or at least, attenuated) : the process reaches 33% for about 1sec and the whole initialisation takes about 3-4s, which seems pretty acceptable (compared to my previous 1.5 min).  But maybe is it not optimal, compared to somebody else's computer

I suspect part of the problem was Comodo's (v3) fault, since I've now uninstalled it completely -- unfortunately, at that point comodo's guilt  is a mere hypothesis. To verify and legitimate my allegations, I'd have to reinstall Comodo and see what happens (I'll do that later).

But farr still stalls for 6s.   :tellme:

Have you noticed other programs taking too long to write files? How about moving stuff from that disk to another and back?
--- End quote ---

Not really... But then, I probably just didn't notice -- I'm usually pretty attentive though.

OK :

- copying a 90Mb file from one partition to another takes about 4sec.

- copying a 846mb directory (with 12 big archives and 9 different folders inside) from one partition to another takes 48s

- copying 2x900mb image file  from my external usb drive to my internal HD : 33s for 1st file,  37s for 2nd one.

- saving an 8mb Word file from scratch is 1-2s.

- copying a 600 pages Word document (445 505 words, 8mb)  to the clipboard takes about 3-4s. Pasting it back in a new Word document takes about 4s too. Saving the document to the hard drive takes less than 2s.

These numbers seem pretty normal to me... Aren't they ??

What else could I try?

Uninstall NOD32 ???

Armando:
12 f****** minutes to write that file?! Something is really wrong there.
-Lashiec (January 17, 2008, 07:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

No kidding.

(edited my previous post)

Lashiec:
Perhaps it would be a good idea to run Process Monitor while you run João's program?

Armando:
Perhaps it would be a good idea to run Process Monitor while you run João's program?
-Lashiec (January 17, 2008, 07:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I did : cpu usage for system.exe varies between 35% and 39% [edit : for the whole writing phase]

BTW, new figures after uninstalling comodo :

write : 717.17 sec.
read : 21.12 sec

So uninstalling comodo seems like it did something (-7s for reading!!!). But not enough for the writing part...

Lashiec:
No, I mean Process Monitor to see what the system is doing during the process: which programs are working and what are they doing, how is the file being read (for the figures, it seems like the file is being read in 1-byte chunks every second ;D), etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version