ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Bug report?] farr - short freeze every 6 launch/close

<< < (10/15) > >>

mouser:
I think it might make sense to exclude all .ini from scanning.. risk is extremely low and might speed up system-wide stuff.

Armando:
I think it might make sense to exclude all .ini from scanning.. risk is extremely low and might speed up system-wide stuff.
-mouser (January 18, 2008, 08:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's what I was thinking at first, but didn't have the guts to do it since I'm not a security expert (far from it). So I guess a simple *.ini in the exclusion space should do the trick...

Lashiec:
It's highly unlikely that a text file could be used to infect a computer, I would go as far as to say that it's impossible, considering what a text file is. If you want to be sure, ask about it in the Living Room.

How's avast? Fine, it's free ;D. I mean, it does its work, does not get in the way, and is pretty decent for the price. Not NOD32, but a fine antivirus. Very lightweight as well, and did you know that INI operations are not affected by it? :D

mouser is using ESET Smart Security, BTW. I suppose the version of NOD32 used in the suite it's the same as the standalone one, but who knows. He used Comodo during a brief time, though, until not too long ago. Bad timing, I guess.

Armando:
Thanks Lashiec!

mouser : writing "*.ini" in AMON setup --> Exclusions doesn't work. Is that what you did? am I doing something wrong?
And... are you currently using Outpost?

BTW, I retried IniReader : slowed down to 60, then 64s, and then 47s...  NO idea what changes to affect the numbers that much.

Armando:
Warning to those using Comodo : if you don't want to experience slowdowns and freezes, You have to make the choice AT INSTALLATION TO NOT ACTIVATE DEFENSE+.

If you decide to deactivate it only after activating it at install, it WILL NOT work -- you'll still experience slowdowns, and you'll have to uninstall Comodo and reinstall it (and chose not to activate defense+). Weird, I know.
Same thing if you decide to ulteriorly activate Defense+ and later deactivate it again (like I just did) : if you try to deactivate after activating it, it WILL NOT cancel farr's slowdowns or freezes. It's a bit like if it would remain there, doing nothing valuable, but still slowing down everything (i tried rebooting, etc. to no avail. Only uninstalling & reinstalling works).

Summary : forget about defense+ altogether if you want to have a running farr without freezes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version