ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Bug report?] farr - short freeze every 6 launch/close

<< < (6/15) > >>

Armando:
Thanks for all the help guys!  :-*

@lashiec : how do you suggest I use process monitor for that particular case... Just normally, with the registry, process and file activity turned on ?

@mouser : I don't think I have any other anti-whatever installed. Just Comodo and NOD32. So next step involves uninstalling NOD32, completely.

BTW, i just rechecked and farr now writes its ini in less than 2s. the strange thing is that it wasn't when I last tried, after uninstalling comodo. That's just plain weird and annoyingly incoherent (well, for my brain, at the moment).

Lashiec:
If you feel like investigating everything, turn all of them on :D. I guess process and file activity would be enough, process don't create much information, but file activity will keep you entertained for a while, filter usage is mandatory :)

mouser:
I use NOD32 so i doubt it's that (though to be fair i have seen NOD32 do this behavior, but not on ini files).
You might just go to nod32 options and disable some optional hueristics and see if that solves it, rather than completely uninstalling.

but it would be interesting to hear if it was really comodo causing the problem with FARR.

lanux128:
Be warned: Process Monitor creates HUGE logs, you might need some time to go through to it, and to understand what's happening.-Lashiec (January 17, 2008, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, it's better to choose some sort of filtering plus focus from the 3 types of activity available.. btw, Armando, is this problem on a newly-installed hard-drive or an old one?

Armando:
After 2h of testing, monitoring, etc. well... NOD32 is the guilty one!!!!!!! I had deactivated it, etc. but it wasn't enough and it's only after complete uninstallation that IniReader gave me my first normal results : write : 23.2s, read : 19.5s. Now you're talking.

The weirdest whing is that the NOD32 service didn't show ANY activity or anything, even in process monitor. The stupidest thing is that I waited and waited before uninstalling it, even if I my intuition told me otherwise.  ;D

Now WHAT.  >:( I wonder what I can do about this NOD32 thing. Maybe I'll just reinstall it and see what happens.

Anyway... To be continued -- I have to wake up in a few hours so I shall get some sleep. Damn antiviruses and firewalls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version