ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

idea: Application to turn off a laptop's display.

<< < (4/6) > >>

app103:
After testing, I have bad news. I can't get the monitor to shut off and stay off. As soon as any input or mouse movement is detected it comes right back on.

About the only thing that might work would be to close the lid and use an external keyboard.

I am sorry I couldn't help.

Wisdom for Coders: Never use code to turn off the monitor and use a timer to execute it repeatedly to keep it off...you won't be able to use the hotkey to turn it back on (and shut the timer off) or use your pc for anything, without hitting the reset button.  :-[
You can all stop laughing now.

jazper:
What if you hooked the API that turns the monitor back on, and only allow it on when the hotkey is invoked.

scancode:
Wisdom for Coders: Never use code to turn off the monitor and use a timer to execute it repeatedly to keep it off...you won't be able to use the hotkey to turn it back on (and shut the timer off) or use your pc for anything, without hitting the reset button.  :-[
-app103 (January 18, 2008, 10:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Too late. I did it in ASM. On the first post.
      @@:
          invoke SendMessage, HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SYSCOMMAND, 61808   , 2
         invoke Sleep, 1
          jmp @b

That was all the code I compiled. After running, the monitor turned off, and everytime i moved the mouse or pressed a key it turned flashed on and back off. Half-blind, I went to start/run and tskilled my app
:)

Edit: typonese

app103:
What if you hooked the API that turns the monitor back on, and only allow it on when the hotkey is invoked.
-jazper (January 18, 2008, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

If anyone knows a way to do it, you are welcome to try. I gave up.

That was all the code I compiled. After running, the monitor turned off, and everytime i moved the mouse or pressed a key it turned flashed on and back off. Half-blind, I went to start/run and tskilled my app
:)
-scancode (January 18, 2008, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mine was running in my Delphi IDE, and I had notepad as the window with focus to test input ability while monitor was off. No input ability at all with my code, so I couldn't kill my app.

scancode:
Mine was running in my Delphi IDE, and I had notepad as the window with focus to test input ability while monitor was off. No input ability at all with my code, so I couldn't kill my app.
-app103 (January 18, 2008, 12:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fsck, that sucks. It reminds me when I wrote a keyboard hook... complete keyboard disabled... no fun at all ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version