ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Easy photo editor

<< < (2/5) > >>

jgpaiva:
I support both of dishael's suggestions. For some intermidiate editing, paint.net is great, and i use faststone maxview as my image viewer, and it's just perfect!

Babis:
A quick update: I tried everything listed above in a snapshot of FirstDefense-ISR (except FastStone's maxview which I have set as default viewer long time ago - only thing I don't like is when I zoom-in it starts zooming from the center of the picture and not from where my cursor is, so I have to move the picture afterwards, if you know what I mean)

I must say I am impress with paint.net, I mean so small and so effective!!! I am facing some difficulties presently, like the clone tool seems not smooth at all and I miss some things from PictureIt!, like edge finder, blender etc, I will install it and on my default snapshot.

iphigenie:
I have always liked ulead photoimpact as an "easy" photo editor.

The edit mode of ACDSee also is nice to use - especially things like the hue/saturation/color and brightness tools are quite nice and easy to use with good results. I had acdsee for ages and never used the quick edit mode, then used it once or twice and it is great for quick image processing.

suleika:
I'm enjoying trying Faststone Image Viewer, on these recommendations.  I like it as a viewer, and I very much like its file resizing dialogue.  To be able to preview the quality and the size of the outputed file is very useful. 

iphigenie:
to qualify what i say, it is actually acdsee 8/9 which had a very clever mini editor. The forums tell me that 10 doesnt fare so well. I dont know since I have acdsee 9 and acdsee pro 2 (totally different editor)

I have about 6 full blown graphics programs on my machine, and I have used a lot more, and yet the first time I tried the editor you get when you double click on an image in acdsee, cause I was lazy and just needed to tweak contrast, I was very impressed by the way they were doing it, and the quality of the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version