ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Deductoid puzzle game

(1/7) > >>

timns:
Hey folks,

DonationCoder has very kindly agreed to host a page for me which will hold some of the software I have written in my spare time. I hope you like it - the first upload is called "Deductoid" and is a simple logic puzzle game.

The link's here: http://timns.dcmembers.com/

Thanks,

timns

timns:
Ok, I was being dumb. Here's the link to my page: :-\

http://timns.dcmembers.com/

Thanks!

timns

mouser:
beautiful looking program by the way! trying it now :)

mouser:
Just wanted to report it's pretty darn fun when you get the hang of it  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
And very nicely done.

It's hard! (at least for me) -- i'm playing only 4x4.

Question (i may have more):
Am i supposed to be able to solve every puzzle without getting any hints getting any clues or making any mistakes?
Or is part of the game the expectation that you will make some mistakes but you are going for a high score?

There is one thing that i find i wish it could do:

When you play a game like minesweeper, which is also a "constraint-based" logic puzzle, you are able to temporarily try things by marking tiles, without actually committing to your choice.

With deductoid, every click you make is absolutely final -- you see immediately whether you are right or wrong and and basically you are told the correct answer if you got it wrong.  That makes it not quite as fun as it might be otherwise i think.  just my 2 cents.

but having said that, i'm quite enjoying it  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
wow i just realized that the "clue" button just tells you a logical move you can make based on the current info..
clicking it repeatedly shows me that, contrary to what i originally thought.. maybe it really is possible to solve every puzzle without doing any guessing.. if so, thats phenomenal and very cool.

which leads me to another question.. if indeed it is always possible to solve every puzzle without guessing, using just the available clues.. how did you code it so that is the case?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version