ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Experiences buying software on eBay?

<< < (2/5) > >>

tranglos:
Yeah, it's here:

Borland CODE GEAR DELPHI 2007 for Win32 ~ NEW

But, having slept on it, I'll pass.

tamasd:
Hi Marek. The Delphi item on Ebay has up to $2,000 in buyer protection. If that buyer protection is applicable for us in eastern Europe, that would make it a safe buy (I guess).
The price is luring! In our local distributor shop, the Delphi upgrades seem more pricey than regular full price in US Codegear shop.

tranglos:
Hi Marek. The Delphi item on Ebay has up to $2,000 in buyer protection. If that buyer protection is applicable for us in eastern Europe, that would make it a safe buy (I guess).
-tamasd (January 15, 2008, 08:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Does that in any way mean eBay is vouching for the seller? I suppose if he were selling pirated software he'd have been kicked off long ago. He's been at it for months, and has had an account since Oct. 2006.

(I once found a guy who was clearly selling "Nero originals" of various hard-to-find DVDs, claiming they were new and legit. A week later the account was gone.)

The price is luring! In our local distributor shop, the Delphi upgrades seem more pricey than regular full price in US Codegear shop.
--- End quote ---

That's why I have a special place in my heart for resellers :) People have been badgering CodeGear about this for years, but they refuse to institute a direct sales channel.

tranglos:
--- End quote ---

Does that in any way mean eBay is vouching for the seller?
-tranglos (January 15, 2008, 08:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, found it, and it does not. Eligibility for buyer protection only means that:

1.  seller's eBay feedback rating is at least 50;
   2. At least 98% of the seller's eBay feedback is positive;
   3. The seller has a Verified Premier or Verified Business Account in good standing;
   4. The listing was on an eligible eBay site (eBay.com and certain other eBay sites self identified as such)
   5. PayPal is listed as an acceptable payment method; and
   6. The seller is a PayPal User from one of the following countries:

--- End quote ---

So it has little bearing on the actual merchandise, except to the extent that nobody must have complained about receiving pirated software from the seller. I asked the guy a question and will wait for response.

tamasd:
How I understood it, is that the seller of this items meets the terms of the buyer protection, and if you will use Paypal for the payment you are protected for up to 2.000 USD. The only weak point is the lawyer verbiage: they basically don't guarantee much (though I'm far from a lawyer to really understand), and there are many steps to reach the final settlement if any issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version