ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: File Search and Replace

<< < (3/4) > >>

darklight_tr:
I am having trouble with v3.1.0.  The source file isn't propagated - when I look at the replace.txt file it's contents say "No file replaced".  Trying the replace command from a command window worked ok.  I do have spaces in the folder names, but this version is supposed to be ok with that.  I am using Win XP SP2.

Nick
-NACarter (April 18, 2008, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

D'oh!  I missed one of the variables, so the spaces in your directory name choked the script.  I fixed it this time, I promise. ;)  Please see File Propagator v3.1.1 in the first post which fixes the problem.  Thanks for noticing that and reporting it!

mouser:
nice teamwork  :up: :up:

NACarter:
Thanks darklight_tr.  I can now confirm that it works as expected.  :Thmbsup:

There's one thing that confused me at first. The choice of the phrase "source folder" is a bit misleading - it's really the root destination folder, and nothing to do with the source of the file being copied.  Perhaps this could be modified in your new GUI version.

Nick

darklight_tr:
Thanks for the feedback.

The changes I made are built on top of justice's original v1.0 source, and the terminology used by the script is unchanged.  I'll take a look at it when I build the GUI version.

The GUI version will be be built from scratch, and will no longer rely on justice's source code.  I do have to thank him for the fact that it was his script that got me interested in AutoHotkey, and for allowing me to modify his File Propagator source.

rjbull:
Did nobody think of using XXCopy "the boldly extended xcopy?"

--- ---/U  Updates the files that already exist in destination.

/S  Copies directories and subdirectories except empty ones.

/Y  Overwrites existing files without prompt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version