ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

photo duplicate scanner

<< < (18/25) > >>

sajman99:
... clicking on Awesome Duplicate Photo Finder's trash icon does NOT delete to the Recycle Bin ...-sajman99 (June 13, 2010, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

... probably because they also sell Recover Files ; -)
-Curt (June 13, 2010, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, that could explain it. It hadn't realized it was the same company.

Anyway, Awesome's still pretty good for free software. I guess I'll just have to watch my click happy behavior. ;D

Szero:
I have used Unique Filer years ago, the latest beta was great, but it has been abandoned since 2001,
don't even know if it still works in Windows7, but it was a great tool for finding identically looking images inside multi thousands collections, you could specify a "base" collection, and "incoming or new" collections/directories.
Good preview options and choices which to delete. I have never found any real alternatives for it, but i'll check out AntiDupl one of these days. 8)

The site is still there though, the beta 2 also :
http://www.uniquefiler.com/

sajman99:
Hi Szero.

Yep, Unique Filer is a classic. One of the fastest similar image finders ever! It utilizes very efficient database files which allow very fast processing speeds. Many thousands of files can be processed in a few seconds.

Although Unique Filer isn't as precise as many of the newer softwares, I still have it around for occasional use. Too bad it was abandoned. :(

Szero:
Oh my! This AntiDupl doesn't even come close to Unique Filer :(
Am I missing something or are you really forced to making a decision from looking at 2 thumbnails ?  :o

sajman99:
Oh my! This AntiDupl doesn't even come close to Unique Filer :(
Am I missing something or are you really forced to making a decision from looking at 2 thumbnails ?  :o
-Szero (November 05, 2010, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well... :huh: pretty much all these apps display two images at a time for comparison (I can't remember about ImageDupeless?) including Unique Filer.

But maybe you are referring to the grouping of results? :tellme: If so, I would have to agree with you. I don't much care for AntiDupl.NET's sorting (including Group 0 ?). Unique Filer will present two or more similar images for consideration--arguably a more logical presentation.

However, it should be noted there are often multiple groups with the same # in AntiDupl. So in the case where there are three very similar images, Unique Filer will display them together in the tree results while AntiDupl will display two grouping with the same #. In other words, it's the same data with a different presentation. Unfortunately, you may have to sort AntiDupl's columns to appreciate the logic (hey, the author's Belarusian ;)).

In terms of accuracy/precision, AntiDupl.NET is clearly the superior software (IMO). You may have to tighten up its settings a bit, but the results will speak for themselves after several testing trials.

But don't get me wrong. As mentioned earlier, I still have Unique Filer and have always like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version