ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Fingers in the nose guide to build javascript plugins. Does that mean its easy ?

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
Can you narrow down the problem.. is your OnProcessTrigger function being called? Is the clipboard being set but not copied to active window?

czb:
I do not know.. unfortunately I did not manage to start some kind of debugging with javascript.. so I do not know how to know if the function is called or not... :/ I like the simplicity of javascript (you have a few functions needed and that is all). Is there any other programming (free) language as simple (in case of farr plugins) as javascript is which is more easy to debug? I have tried to read devcpp SDK of FARR (since it is free) but it seams to me to complex to understand its structure and where to code what.. :/

czb:
Hi, so I tried further to learn javascript SDK and the only thing I was not able to get working is FARR.setStrValue(x, y);
I have tried many of those combinations:/// Possible options:
   ///
   ///launch, LAUNCHFILENAME
   ///statusbar, TEXTTOSETONSTATUSBAR
   ///setsearch, TEXTTOSETINSEARCHEDIT
   ///setsearchnogo, TEXTTOSETINSEARCHEDIT
   ///stopsearch
   ///window.hide
   ///window.show
   ///window.toggle
   ///window.richeditmode, TEXTOPUTINRICHEDITWINDOW
   ///window.richeditheight, HEIGHTOFWINDOW
   ///window.richeditwidth, WIDTHOFWINDOW
   ///setshowallmode
   ///exit
   ///reporterror, ERRORTEXTTOREPORTINPLUGINLOG
   ///clipboard
   ///PasteClipboardToLastActiveWindow,[TEXTTOSET] - paste the current clipboard text to the last active program (if value passed is not "" then clipboard will first be set to value.
   ///
--- End quote ---
but with no luck.
Could you please, ecaradec post here some sample code where you use it?

ecaradec:
Thank you very much for support mouser :).

ecaradec:
I do not know.. unfortunately I did not manage to start some kind of debugging with javascript...
-czechboy (January 26, 2008, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Here is how I enabled javascript debugging on my desktop :
1. install the javascript debugger : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2f465be0-94fd-4569-b3c4-dffdf19ccd99&displaylang=en
2. set the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings\JITDebug=1 [DWORD]. I join a registry file that does that.
3. restart FARR (I may have forgotten that in the documentation )
Did some people achieved to enable the javascript debugger ? It make plugin developpement much easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version