ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Fingers in the nose guide to build javascript plugins. Does that mean its easy ?

<< < (2/8) > >>

czb:
Thank you for your response.
I have one more question:
How can I easily check if the plugin is working? now I have to go settings/click to eximine and configure plugins/find and reload all plugins to see the changes I have made which is quite time consuming. Is there any alias for reloading all plugins? Something like that is I guess in Launchy ;)

as for 1) You wrote: "Then you will handle the triggering of it." Is it this function "onProcessTrigger(title,path)" which handles it?

as for 2) Ok I will pospone development of this plugin to later time and will focus on other ideas I have (dictionary etc.)

as for 3) Could you be more specific where exactly I am supose to write setshowallmode? Is it somewhere here in this function FARR.emitResult?

mouser:
typing "rplugins" will reload all plugins.
1) yes, although i've not coded for the javascript api yet, onProcessTrigger(title,path) i think is the callback that FARR will call to let you decide what to do when user trigers it so your plugin can handle it.
2) sounds good and feel free to email me ([email protected]) if i lag behind.
3) ecaradec can give better help on using the jd api but what you should call is:
   // do some special FARR action like setting statusbar, richedit (see farr plugin action documentation )
   FARR.setStrValue("setshowallmode","");
like that, before you start returning any results (call it once each time a new search is conducted).

ps. it's great to see people already using ecaradec's amazing javascript api work! make sure to send me your mailing address after you release your first plugin with it so i can send you a special Cody Plugin Writer Coffee Mug.

czb:
ok ok:) Where can I find "farr plugin action documentation"? I have found readme.txt in FarrPluginSDK but it is only general help, so I can not find there for example options of setStrValue (how to use richedit etc)

another thing is. I have found in readme.txt: "(Note FARR already has builtin funcionts to copy stuff to clipboard or to the last window open before FARR was triggered)". Are those functions accesible from javascript?

Sory for all my questions but as I said before, I am coding beginner ;)

mouser:
I have found in readme.txt: "(Note FARR already has builtin funcionts to copy stuff to clipboard or to the last window open before FARR was triggered)". Are those functions accesible from javascript?
--- End quote ---

yes:
just call that same setStrValue function with the keyword "PasteClipboardToLastActiveWindow"
so for example:
FARR.setStrValue("PasteClipboardToLastActiveWindow","Hello!");

will paste the text "Hello!" into the program that was active before FARR was triggered.

Sory for all my questions but as I said before, I am coding beginner
--- End quote ---

no need to apologize -- these questions would be same questions an expert coder would ask, because the reality is that the plugin documentation doesnt really exist, it's still in a state of evolution and mostly people are just figuring it out from the sample code until i get my act together and write a full set of docs.

czb:
unfortunately such thing does not seem to work:

--- ---function onProcessTrigger(title,path){
  FARR.setStrValue("PasteClipboardToLastActiveWindow",title);
}what do I do wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version