ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

Fingers in the nose guide to build javascript plugins. Does that mean its easy ?

<< < (7/8) > >>

ewemoa:
What I'm experimenting with is the idea of having file associations which are specific to FARR -- I've been trying out a "portable" set up -- so many of my applications don't establish file associations (writing to the registry is a no-no).  However, it's a pain not being able to double-click on files and have them launch w/ reasonable applications -- but I thought may be I could encourage myself to open files using FARR almost all of the time if I could make a plugin which could manage "pseudo" file associations and take over opening the files by applying those associations appropriately.

Am I making sense?

mouser:
but I thought may be I could encourage myself to open files using FARR almost all of the time if I could make a plugin which could manage "pseudo" file associations and take over opening the files by applying those associations appropriately.
--- End quote ---

thats kind of a cool idea..

ewemoa:
May be it can be more easily done as a non-FScript plugin...hmm, who can we convince? taichimaster?

Bonus points for reading and working with the file associations maintained by apps like XYplorer :)

phitsc:
I've made a plugin (FarrOpenWith) that handles all onProcessTrigger events to open a result item (a file) with an application other than the default. I needed this because I wanted to open .xml files in a text editor instead of in a web browser (which is the default on my system).

The way I used it was that I had an alias as follows:

dosearch D:\MyProject\ConfigFiles\$$1*.xml +OPENWITH=%PROGRAM_FILES%\Notepad++\Notepad++.exe

Note the +OPENWITH=. The plugin looks for this on onSearchBegins and if it finds it it takes over launching by handling onProcessTrigger. I'm using the native plugin interface though.

I can remember that this once worked, it's not any more now though. The problem is that $$1*.xml doesn't seem to work any more.

mouser:
phitsc mail me the plugin and alias and i'll find whats wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version