ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Really simple clipboard extender/note taking software?

(1/6) > >>

Hefty Hippie:
Probably a really daft question but here goes..

Has anybody ever come across any clipboard extender/note taking software that works from Windows Explorer context menu?

I had in mind something very simple just for plain text, something that functions almost exactly like notes in Opera but available via Explorer right click.

Any clues?

Cheers in advance,

HH

lanux128:
i'm not sure how Opera's notes work but i think this freeware, FileNote can be useful to you..

Filenote - Allows you to add comments to files by creating text file that has the same name as selected file and opening it for editing in text editor (Notepad or another). If such text file already exists, it will be opened for editing.

• http://www.moonsoftware.com/shelltools.asp

Hefty Hippie:
Thanks Lanux,
I have Filenote, it's very useful indeed for making file-specific notes but not much use for general note taking.
If I get chance, I'll make some 'mock up' screenshots later so as to better illustrate what I'm looking for.
Cheers,
HH

rjbull:
Why the particular desire for the context menu for general notes?  Would a hotkey to pop up a notekeeping program be adequate?

Hefty Hippie:
RJ,

Mainly for simplicity and ease of use by someone who's more of a mouse person than a keyboard person.

The thing I'm looking for would actually be used on my Wife's machine.
I use AceText myself, I tried the Wife with that (and a few others, CHS included) but she didn't like them at all and reverted to sticking paper notes up all over the place. However, she does make good use of Opera's notes facility which is why I mentioned it as an example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version