ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Really simple clipboard extender/note taking software?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Hefty Hippie:
Hi Darwin,

Thanks for your continuing interest.

Nope, I've not found a reasonable and acceptable solution and, to be honest, I've pretty much given up on trying.

I checked out most of the solutions suggested in this thread but, after due consideration and consultation with 'head office' (the wife!), it was deemed that nothing was suitable.

See, it's all about how complicated a program is and how long it takes to learn to use it.
The wife parks herself in front of her machine for maybe only 2 or 3 hours a week so she's unwilling to spend much of that time learning the ins and outs of new software.
Also, she may not even touch her machine for weeks at a time so anything she has bothered to learn (say hot-key combos) may well be forgotten, at least partially, by the next session.

That's the beauty of Opera Notes and why I offered same as an example - quick, simple and there looking at you from context menu. Granted, of course, that Opera Notes is perhaps too limited in scope for what you are or I may require but something similar, available in Windows Explorer, would be absolutely ideal for my better half.

Thanks again,

HH

jgpaiva:
Hefty Hippie: have you tried evernote? It's as simple as it gets. You just right-click its tray icon (the icons next to the clock) and select "new note" to make a new note :)

Hefty Hippie:
Hefty Hippie: have you tried evernote? It's as simple as it gets. You just right-click its tray icon (the icons next to the clock) and select "new note" to make a new note :)
-jgpaiva (February 03, 2008, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, tried it pal - no use.

jgpaiva:
What was the problem with evernote? The fact that it was on the tray area instead of explorer context menu?

If it wasn't that, maybe we can create a simple note handler that'd work from the tray area.

Hefty Hippie:
What was the problem with evernote? The fact that it was on the tray area instead of explorer context menu?

If it wasn't that, maybe we can create a simple note handler that'd work from the tray area.
-jgpaiva (February 03, 2008, 09:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi jgpaiva,

Nope, from memory it was just that she found it too complicated.
I have a licence for Evernote myself (though I don't use it much) and tried her with it on my machine - no joy.

The closest I came was with Acetext (one of my 'must have' apps) set to launch 'Tower' by hot-key (or tray icon) and then it's all mouse work from there - no joy, mutterings, pulling funny faces and all the rest of it.

Cheers,

HH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version