ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Logitech's Setpoint

<< < (2/4) > >>

tranglos:
Tranglos - After having no luck with the G5 and G7 mice - lags and delays - the MX Revolution totally rocks!  I'd say the best overall wireless mouse I have used.  I have WebSite Watcher watching the Amazon and Newegg pages for the MX Revolution so I can maybe buy one or two more if they go on a big enough sale.  This mouse works so well I just know Logitech will discontinue it!!
-J-Mac (January 08, 2008, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

MX Revolution is indeed sweet. The only thing I don't like about it is that it runs no more than 3-4 days without charging - compared to months for mice with replaceable batteries, but those were too heavy for me. But MX Revolution looks like a damn spaceship sitting on my desk, all is forgiven! :)

J-Mac:
Tranglos - After having no luck with the G5 and G7 mice - lags and delays - the MX Revolution totally rocks!  I'd say the best overall wireless mouse I have used.  I have WebSite Watcher watching the Amazon and Newegg pages for the MX Revolution so I can maybe buy one or two more if they go on a big enough sale.  This mouse works so well I just know Logitech will discontinue it!!
-J-Mac (January 08, 2008, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

MX Revolution is indeed sweet. The only thing I don't like about it is that it runs no more than 3-4 days without charging - compared to months for mice with replaceable batteries, but those were too heavy for me. But MX Revolution looks like a damn spaceship sitting on my desk, all is forgiven! :)

-tranglos (January 08, 2008, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

True, but if you have tried their other wireless mice, some only get 8 to 12 hours!  I have a G7 and three extra batteries to keep swapping them out!  So four days is a lifetime compared to that.  BTW, the G5 doesn't have any spare batteries available and they have a short charge life also.

Jim

J-Mac:
I have SetPoint on my Vista machine with my Logitech G11 gaming keyboard and G7 wireless gaming mouse, and I have no issues. I use the options frequently to fine tune things and it goes off without a hitch. :Thmbsup: Not sure why you guys are seeing problems :huh:

After reading J-Mac's post, though, I will not be buying a $100 webcam from Logitech if it means it may screw over my $150 SoundBlaster card. :o

-Brandon
-wreckedcarzz (January 08, 2008, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mine are all on XP Pro - maybe the new drivers they had to develop for Vista work better.

You have never had any lags with your G7?  Their forum is overflowing with users who are seeing this.

wreckedcarzz:
You have never had any lags with your G7?  Their forum is overflowing with users who are seeing this.
-J-Mac (January 08, 2008, 05:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Never an instant. Response time improved over any mouse I have had to date. Plugged, played, and installed SetPoint. :)

Only "complaint" I have is that it runs about 1.5 days of gaming on weekends without needing a battery swap, but a good few days on school days before recharging. Not my idea of long battery life, but a 2 hour charge isn't something to bitch about, either. :-\

mouser:
In my case logitech's setpoint seemed to be conflicting with the microsoft keyboard special driver.  my conclusion was mixing the two was not good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version