ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gadgets that make you look like a jerk

<< < (4/4)

zridling:
No, I'd want to know where the person got it (thanks for the link)!

Darwin:
Holy Carp, Batman! That there is a real t-shirt! Check out the washing instructions:

Washing Instructions

1. Carefully peel animated decal from front of T-Shirt
   2. Unplug ribbon connector behind decal and remove decal
   3. Unplug battery pack and remove it
   4. You can leave the ribbon cable inside the shirt
   5. Machine wash gentle cycle on cold
   6. Hang to dry
      Please Note: If you plug the connector into the battery pack backwards the shirt will not animate properly. It will not damage the shirt. Simply reverse the connector.
--- End quote ---

Wouldn't wanted to jump in the pool wearing that... you'd really look like a jerk if  you did  ;D

redstarnyc:
I've got one - a gadget GUARANTEED to make you like a jerk:  the Opti-Grab...
-Darwin (January 24, 2009, 09:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, Navin is a friend of mine!

I'm mixed on the blackberry too.  It does make me look like a loser but its useful for work.  I use it for my gmail, tracking my expenses, and pretending to be at work when I'm really at home playing with my son.

40hz:
Segway[/b]: I've only seen these things in movies. People actually use them for day-to-day use? I can understand their use but they seem bulky to me. I'd rather go for an electric scooter, as in a relatively normal sized scooter (that you move by pushing your foot across the ground) but with a small electric motor on it. That way it's more compact and you don't run people off the sidewalk.
-Deozaan (January 24, 2009, 12:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I always wondered if they actually sold any of these things until I almost got run over by one coming out of a music club in the Black Rock section of Fairfield CT.

Very strange. Black Rock is a pretty funky area to begin with. And the Segway was being driven (operated?) by a guy who looked like he was either in a rehab program, or had just stepped off a commune back in the 70's. Quite a few people out on the sidewalk seemed to know who he was, and didn't seem the least surprised to see him tooling along on his 2-wheeled contraption.

Now, I always thought one of the reasons Segway never got off the ground was because of its high price tag.

So...what was a Segway doing in Black Rock? And how did that guy manage to get his hands on one?

Weird night. And I hadn't even been drinking...

f0dder:
I was pretty puzzled when I saw a segway here in Aarhus - kinda expected it to be a US-only phenomenon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version