ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

can't manually add plugins

<< < (2/2)

dave12n:
Thanks for your suggestion, lanux128. Unfortunately, I already tried that and it didn't work.

mouser:
That is really strange, BUT:
if the updater works to install plugins, try this:
see if the updater is really installing them in the same place as you are.. or if maybe the updater and farr are putting them  and looking for them somewhere else?

i suggest this because there is really nothing that the updater does except copy the files into the plugin directory, there is no additional magic.

Mr Ploppy:
Hello again.

DOH!

Well, I installed the updater after all and have now discovered that I was mistaken in believing that the subfolders of the FARR plugin folder that were present after installation contained the actual plugins they were named after, when in fact they only contained updater links to download those plugins.

It was simply a case of the files of the ACTUAL plugins (.dlls etc.) still missing. Manual installation of a downloaded plugin is quite possible.

Sorry about the misunderstanding and wasting forum space, but maybe this should be made clear in the forum for those who have had no experience with the DCUpdater and its .dcupdate extension...

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Phil

dave12n:
I've narrowed down the problem I'm having. I was trying to install FARRGoogleSuggest manually, without success. I finally thought of trying to manually add another one (FARRUninstall), and it works. So the problem apparently is with FARRGoogleSuggest. Strangely, the identical version of FARRGoogleSuggest works with the identical version of FARR on my other computer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version