ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What kind of tagging system would be appropriate for DC?

<< < (16/32) > >>

Liquidmantis:
I've been a lurker on these threads and since the Lurkians have been called out, I'll throw in a couple of Lincoln tokens.

First of, I'm not going to touch the NSFW aspect as I am left-leaning enough to even be left-handed.  I can't believe this is even a concern on DC but then I don't really go into Living Room so for all I know it might be full of Roman orgies and Paganesque cavortings.  (If that's the case let me know so I can start frequenting it more.)

As for backing the tagging idea, Mouser's explanation of his concept really has me intriqued.  I find a lot of useful software on DC and also when looking for reviews or comments on something a literal search isn't always the best method.  If tagging can be implemented for this idyllic usage then I'm all for it.  My only concern is the high probability that I'll start on a tag trail only to find myself missing an hour or two and no idea of what I was originally trying to find.

CodeTRUCKER:
The very fact that a position I am suggesting is mocked and ridiculed demonstrates (quite admirably) the callous disregard for others that are not as "adult" as many who are commenting.

CodeTRUCKER:
Can we get this discussion back on track?

wraith808:
First of, I'm not going to touch the NSFW aspect as I am left-leaning enough to even be left-handed.
-Liquidmantis (January 11, 2008, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

NSFW has nothing to do with which way you lean (or even which way the wind causes you to lean) IMO.  I'm not talking non-morally objectionable, but safe for work which some links/conversations/words are.  I personally don't choose to take offense at much of anything, but being a consultant and working with clients they think (and deserve from a service provider) different.

Which brings up an earlier question I had in response to all of the people that say none or nothing disturbs them- is this a Safe for Work environment?  I.e. I'm sitting at my desk, eating lunch, and browsing.  Am I supposed to be able to come to Donation Coder forums?  I think the answer is yes, but... ?

mouser:
Is DC safe for work?

I think the answer is clearly yes. 

There are no naked pictures on DC forum or site.  You might find the occasional curse word here and there, and you may find a discussion of some technological issue relating to sexuality, but nothing that you wouldn't read in any newspaper or magazine.  There are probably a handful of posts on the forum in three years that refer to some sexually themed site, and link to them -- in such cases the links should clearly be marked as NSFW.

I think that's where this forum has found it's comfort zone, and it seems to be a reasonable approach, and I don't think we should try to change that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version