ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

Textmaker (Softmaker/Ashampoo Office) 2008

(1/15) > >>

tomos:
I got the update to Softmaker/Ashampoo Office cheaply thanks to Curt (pre-Christmas special)

To be honest I use it very little so cant really comment much on improvements over the 2006
(now has PowerPoint equivalent though),
but it's still very fast!

One thing I was looking forward to was PDF creation
Unfortunately it's terrible (- polite version :-\)

A simple one page table/text with two three* fonts came to 2MB :huh: with fonts embedded
and wouldnt even show properly on the same computer without the fonts embedded (fonts were Times New Roman and Courier* - shouldnt be rocket science). Final PDF was total gobbledegook actually

Dont want to put anyone off this programme just a little pipped (- polite version again..) and needed to let off some steam

un-PC, ever so slightly...in the lite of recent topic/s I'm experimenting with "polite"
just doesnt make the grade for letting off steam though...
Feck it :P

* edit/ three fonts - third is arial, still no rocket science, OOo makes a PDF of 100KB or so of same file

EDIT/  an update corrected the PDF problem and it's quite good now - read post#9 in particular

Darwin:
Have you posted this in the SoftMaker forum? Just wondering because they are generally pretty quick to respond there and this issue would, I think, be fixed quickly if they can replicate it. Right, off to check the forum to see if it has been discussed...

Darwin:
Hmm... no one's mentioned it there. If you want to post in that forum, point your browser here: http://www.softmaker.com/forum/index.php. You might need to register to use the forum first...

tomos:
tail between legs...suppose you right

when I use PDF export so seldom for word docs (once a month for an invoice!)
I'm lazy to follow up on it ...

well you made it very easy for me finding the link and all :) thanks Mike :up:

tomos:
Hmm... no one's mentioned it there. If you want to post in that forum, point your browser here: http://www.softmaker.com/forum/index.php. You might need to register to use the forum first...
-Darwin (January 10, 2008, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

done, posted at their forums, will update here - [it's still a problem for me...or for me and Textmaker!]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version