ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wanted: Electronic/Searchable Holy Books

<< < (5/12) > >>

yksyks:
Libronix Logos looks quite impressive. But the cheapest version for $150? Ouch! Not very christianly... Gonna stay with free Theophilos. It serves me pretty well for years.

Curt:
Libronix Logos looks quite impressive. But the cheapest version for $150? Ouch! Not very christianly... -yksyks (January 07, 2008, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D  :greenclp:

One BIG difference between Logos and everyone else in this part of the bible study buisness is that Logos is offering NEW material, all the others are only able to offer more than 70 years old books because of the laws on copyrights.

That makes quite a difference!

When it comes to STUDYING the Bible, no-one else can offer a tenth of the features Libronix can offer.

Edvard:
Whoa... A little more than you might need, but here it is...

Welcome to the largest freely available archive of online books about religion, mythology, folklore and the esoteric on the Internet. The site is dedicated to religious tolerance and scholarship, and has the largest readership of any similar site on the web.

--- End quote ---

http://www.sacred-texts.com/

That said, I thank everybody for keeping this on the topic and not a religious soapbox... Mine included.

rjbull:
Just out of interest, and via TinyApps blog:

Christ On Disk is a freeware application for viewing the King James Version of the Bible. It is a stand-alone application that is able to fit onto and run from a single floppy disk that has been specially formatted.

--- End quote ---

tabletguy:
You could also try http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/  There's a similar site for other religions, I believe.  There's a lot of poorly reasoned "counter" arguments, but some of it is reasonable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version